Tony Khan has expressed interest in bringing back Johnny Elite for more matches in AEW following his debut for the promotion last week.
Elite, formerly John Morrison in WWE, made his debut as the ‘Joker’ in the Owen Hart Foundation tournament quarter-finals against Samoa Joe, with Joe beating him.
During today’s media call ahead of Double Or Nothing, AEW President and CEO Tony Khan said he’s interested in using Elite again going forward.
Khan said that he debuted with him with the idea that he was going to bring him back in the future, and after seeing the match, he’s even more interested in doing it.
After defeating Elite last week, Joe beat Kyle O’Reilly on last night’s AEW Dynamite to earn a spot in the Owen Hart tournament final at Double Or Nothing this Sunday where he will face Adam Cole, who beat Dax Harwood and Jeff Hardy.
Johnny Elite was released by WWE on November 18 and has since worked for several notable promotions including GCW and AAA.
He is continuing the tradition of using unique surnames in every promotion he works for, such as Johnny Elite in AEW, Johnny Game Changer in GCW, and Johnny Caballero in AAA.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown