Tony Khan explained his response to Vince McMahon’s retirement news from last night (July 22) ahead of an episode of AEW Rampage.
Tony Khan was taking questions at the ROH Death Before Dishonor post-show media scrum and was asked about his eye raising tweet to promote AEW Rampage after the news broke of that Vince McMahon was retiring from WWE.
Tweeting that he was now the “longest tenured CEO in professional wrestling,” Khan drew the ire of some WWE fans who felt the tweet was in poor taste.
When asked about his reaction to the news that Vince McMahon was retiring and what it meant for business or pro-wrestling as a whole, Khan didn’t address those inquiries rather explained his tweet.
“I only commented on last night going into AEW Rampage on Friday night which had some connections to Ring of Honor Death Before Dishonor… really I was referencing, AEW Rampage was on and just the fact that the big major companies, what I would consider the quote unquote “big three” now, I am the longest tenured of course, Ohbari [of NJPW] and now there’s a new CEO there also, if you consider it pro wrestling, it’s a fair statement. I just thought it was a factual statement on a note to promote Rampage and that’s all it was and I can’t say anything else about it.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
ROH Death Before Dishonor hosted a variety of exciting match-ups including Claudio Castagnoli’s ROH World Championship title win and an exceptional two out of three falls match between FTR and the Briscoes.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing