Tony Khan has provided an update on his plans for Ring of Honor, following speculation about a new TV deal.
ROH has held two pay-per-view specials since Khan’s acquisition of the brand in March, Supercard of Honor in April, and Death Before Dishonor in May.
During Dynamite: Grand Slam, Chris Jericho defeated Claudio Castagnoli to win the ROH World Championship. This title change led many to theorise that Khan is preparing to re-launch weekly ROH TV.
Speaking on the ‘In the Kliq’ podcast ahead of Grand Slam, Tony Khan noted that he regularly talks with Warner Bros Discovery about a potential deal, appearing to kill rumors that he was looking to other networks for ROH.
“The Ring of Honor pay-per-view events this year have been the most successful couple of Ring of Honor pay-per-view events in many years and actually they would both rank in the top, probably top three or four Ring of Honor pay-per-view events ever, so this has been the best year Ring of Honor’s ever had on pay-per-view, which is pretty amazing.”
“If we can get the weekly TV going again, it would be even stronger, I would love to bring Ring of Honor back on a weekly basis, and it’s a conversation I’m having with Warner Bros. Discovery pretty frequently, and I have to say something that’s gonna be really helpful is the success Ring of Honor has had on PPV.”
Following the live broadcast of Dynamite, AEW taped matches for Friday’s (September 23) edition of Rampage: Grand Slam. You can check out results from the taping right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- WWE Tag Team Returns On SmackDown
- WWE Files Several New Trademark Filings