Two interesting names were backstage at this week’s episode (August 4) of AEW Dynamite Homecoming.
According to Cassidy Haynes from BodySlam.net, former WWE star Tony Nese was one of the names backstage at the show. Nese is most noted for his time in the Cruiserweight Division after signing in 2016. He was released from the company on June 25.
The other name backstage was former IMPACT Knockouts Tag Team Champion Kiera Hogan. Hogan announced last month that she would be leaving the promotion to see what else is out there for her.
Hogan could of course only be backstage to support her girlfriend, Diamante, who wrestles for AEW.
Last night’s show saw the teased retirement of AEW star and EVP Cody Rhodes after his loss to Malakai Black in the main event.
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Real Reason For Britt Baker AEW Absence Revealed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- WWE Star Discussed As Roman Reigns WWE Royal Rumble 2024 Opponent Revealed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?