It was a sad day for everyone in wrestling yesterday after it was announced that WWE Hall of Famer and father of The Rock, Rocky Johnson had passed away at the age of 75.
Many have since taken to Twitter to pay tribute to former tag champion Johnson, including WWE COO Triple H.
A loss for every fan of @WWE, Rocky Johnson was a barrier-breaking performer. Our thoughts are with his family at this time. https://t.co/nHcyt0MYfr
— Triple H (@TripleH) January 16, 2020
Several other stars of the past and present have also taken to social media to pay tribute.
So sorry to hear about your Dad. He was always very kind to me. Hung out in Louisville when I was coming back from my torn quad. Laughed and he shared me his knowledge. Again sorry Dwayne.
— Kevin Nash (@RealKevinNash) January 16, 2020
I am so sorry @TheRock I can’t imagine! Sending you & you’re family all my love. I first met your father at a training seminar not long after I started. He came in as a guest coach for 1 of the days. He was so kind to me & beyond proud of you then.
— Mickie James~Aldis (@MickieJames) January 16, 2020
Manuia lou Malaga Chief Fa’afetai lou Alofa !! #RipRockyJohnson @SamoanDynasty1 @WWE #Hof pic.twitter.com/83EkT5qhbe
— RIKISHI (@TheREALRIKISHI) January 16, 2020
Rest in peace, Rocky.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed