Paul Levesque (Triple H) has discussed the likelihood of CM Punk making a return to WWE, and recalled the last time the pair had contact.
Speaking on Pardon My Take, Levesque revealed the last time he spoke to CM Punk was under two years ago, but of course didn’t really know whether a return could happen.
“Last time I talked to (CM Punk)? A year-and-a-half, a year-and-three-quarters ago. A funny thing that people will constantly say when his return is, but in some way, that has to be what he wants. People go, ‘make the call’. Who says if we make the call that he wants to answer? What if we make the call and he’s like, ‘I’m not interested in doing that anymore’. Maybe he’s just done with it. Those are conversations that only those people can directly answer. If he wants to do it, we would get word and have those conversations or he would make a call. There has to be a desire there to do something like that. This business is too all in to just go, ‘Ehhhh, alright, I’ll do it’.”
Levesque revealed in the same interview that there have been plans discussed for a big return at WrestleMania 37, which you can read about at this link.
Quote via Fightful
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania