WWE made a lot of news on Friday (January 7), when they announced 19 women for the 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble match, including current IMPACT Knockouts Champion Mickie James.
However, there are reportedly two more former women’s stars set to appear in the match, per PWInsider Elite (subscription required), who are noting that Cameron and Melina are set to appear in the match.
It was previously noted that WWE was not planning on featuring too many women from the NXT brand in the match, so more former stars could fill out the remaining spots.
Melina was set to appear in the Women’s Royal Rumble match a few years ago, but pulled out due to injury. Cameron last wrestled a match for All Elite Wrestling in 2020, when she teamed with Nyla Rose in a losing effort against Anna Jay and Tay Conti.
You can see the list of every confirmed Royal Rumble entrant here.
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite