WWE today announced their next NXT premium live event, NXT Battleground, on May 28.
Shawn Michaels spoke on the NXT Stand & Deliver media call, noting that the event will be emenating from Lowell, Massachusetts on May 28, starting at 7:30pm EST.
If that date and time sounds familiar, that’s because that is also the date of the AEW Double or Nothing event.
Jon Alba noted on Twitter that a WWE PR representative indicated to him that the NXT show was set to take place at the advertised time, meaning that the two shows are currently set to air head to head.
A WWE PR rep indicates to me the NXT Battleground PLE show set for May 28 will be an evening show.
If that's the case, it may go head-to-head with AEW's Double or Nothing PPV. #WWE #WWENXT #AEW
— Jon Alba (@JonAlba) March 30, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups