In quite possibly the busiest 24 hours in the history of WWE, WrestleMania 39 went off air with Roman Reigns retaining the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship against Cody Rhodes.
Not seven hours after, the company has been officially sold to Endeavor, and will form a new merger company with the UFC.
There had been speculation that the impending announcement of a sale impacted the finish to some of the matches at WrestleMania, namely the decision to have Roman Reigns keep the titles.
In an update from Fightful Select (subscription required), the upcoming sale did ‘absolutely not’ have any impact on the decision to have Reigns retain the titles in the main event.
The Endeavor sale has been the talk of the wrestling world today, with Vince McMahon revealing how involved he plans to be in the creative for the company, and Triple H’s role in the company.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?