AEW CEO Tony Khan has opened up about whether or not be believes former tag team champions FTR will return to the company.
The team of Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood have been granted time away from the company by Khan, after a hectic 2022 which saw them win the AAA, IWGP and Ring of Honor Tag Team Championships.
The duo also had a number of extremely highly rated matches across various promotions, notably a trilogy against ROH veterans the Briscoes.
Speaking in an interview on In The Kliq, Khan addressed whether he believed the two would actually come back to AEW once their hiatus is over:
“I do hope to see FTR back. They do need some time to recover from what was one of the most intense years of wrestling any team’s ever done — the schedule they went through, all the different places they worked.
“So I think, for those guys, we wanna see them back in AEW and wanna see them heal up and come back at 100 percent. We’re really looking forward to that, hopefully. I think they’re a great team and would love to have them back.”
To stay up to date with all the very latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingInc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- IWGP United States Championship Match Set For March 29 Dynamite
- Free Agent Comments On Potentially Joining WWE
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Two WWE Talents Make In-Ring Debut
- Update On AEW Star Following Injury Scare
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- WWE Star Names Omos The Greatest Giant In WWE History