Smackdown tag team champion Xavier Woods is the latest wrestler to take a step back from social media to focus on his mental health.
Last week we reported that former WWE star Austin Aries was also leaving social media for the same reason, and given the behaviour of some individuals on Twitter, it’s not surprising that it can seriously affect some people.
Woods, who has been away from the ring since October after suffering a torn Achilles tendon, took to Twitter to admit that being away from the ring has taken its toll, and that he is stepping away from social media for a while.
I’ve been doing a million and one things since I got hurt in order to stay ahead of my feelings. Unfortunately today i woke up with the intense emotion of how much I miss being able to wrestle. Its really messing with me so I’m gonna be off socials for a little bit.
— Austin Creed – Future King (@XavierWoodsPhD) February 10, 2020
Woods is expected to return at some point around WrestleMania, but the exact date is unknown due to the nature of the injury.
Unfortunately social media is often an unfriendly and hostile place, so it’s very hard to blame anyone for wanting to stay away.
Everyone at WrestleTalk sends their best wishes to Xavier, and we hope to see him back in the ring as soon as possible.
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023