WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle had some extremely high praise for the Women’s Royal Rumble match at the January 28 premium live event.
The match – which was won by Rhea Ripley – received criticial acclaim, as did the rest of the event as a whole.
Speaking on the latest edition of his podcast The Kurt Angle Show, the Olympic hero was full of praise for the women of WWE, highlighting Rhea Ripley in particular:
“I thought it was a great Royal Rumble and I’m not gonna lie to you the women’s finish of the women’s Royal Rumble was the best finish I’ve seen in years. Rhea Ripley — the way that that match ended was incredible. I was so impressed by it. I have to give the women five stars for that match.”
Despite his long list of wrestling accolades, Angle never won a Royal Rumble match during his time with the company.
On the episode of WWE Raw which followed the event, Rhea declared that she would face Charlotte Flair for the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 39 in April.
To stay up to date with all the latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?