A huge change has been discussed regarding the fate of the Money in the Bank match stipulation and premium live event.
Following reports that WWE is done with annual Hell in a Cell premium live events, fans have been speculation about the futures of other specials focused around specific match stipulations.
A notable stipulation pay-per-view is Money in the Bank, which was considered one of WWE’s ‘Big 5’ events towards the end of the Vince McMahon regime.
Speaking with GiveMeSport, WrestleVotes noted that they’ve heard that there have been discussions about moving the annual Money in the Bank matches back to WrestleMania:
“Putting Money in the Bank on WrestleMania, one night women’s and one night men’s is something I’ve heard. I know since Hunter has taken over, the idea of one night women and one night men is alive.”
WrestleVotes went on to question whether it would make sense for WWE to follow through with this idea financially, pointing out that WWE originally intended for Money in the Bank 2022 to air from the Allegiant Stadium because the match type is a draw in itself.
It is worth noting that the July 2 premium live event ultimately emanated from the much smaller MGM Grand Garden Arena, with 12,000 fans in attendance.
WrestleMania 39 will take place across April 1-2, 2023, at California’s SoFi Stadium.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’