One week before they arrive in Brooklyn for SummerSlam, the superstars of Raw partook in one the final live events before the extravaganza, entertaining audiences in Salisbury, Maryland.
In the main event of the show, Roman Reigns challenged Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Intercontinental Champion, standing in for pal Seth Rollins who is currently on a tour of China ahead of WWE’s appearance there in September. Because what we all really wanted to see eight days away from their bout on August 19, was yet another Rollins vs. Ziggler clash.
With Drew McIntyre ejected from ringside, Ziggler held his own with Reigns but required saving after Superman punch looked to crown a new champion. Seconds before that could transpire, McIntyre raced back to ringside to save his chum causing a disqualification. Following a beatdown of the ‘Big Dog’, Roman typically fought back, striking down his attackers.
In results from the rest of the card:
- Finn Balor best Constable Baron Corbin
- Bobby Roode, Titus O’Neil, Apollo, and Zack Ryder cracked Jinder Mahal, the Authors of Pain, and Mojo Rawley
- The Deleters of Worlds trumped the Revival
- Braun Strowman pinned Kevin Owens in a Street Fight. WWE cannot keep putting Kevin Owens in these types of matches and situations where he places his body under stress and strain performing dangerous stunts. They’re going to injure him or burn him out. Clearly they haven’t learned from Mick Foley
- Elias cut a promo that was interrupted by Bobby Lashley. The pair sand ‘Knockn’ on Heaven’s Door’ together before Elias nailed a cheap shot. Needless to say Lashley fought back. This is destined for SummerSlam
- Ember Moon went over Alexa Bliss via disqualification. The match was interrupted by a number of the Raw women’s locker room leading to the next bout
- Ember Moon, Dana Brooke, and the Boss & Hug Connection outlasted Alexa Bliss, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, and Alicia Fox in an excellent affray. It received the customary “this is awesome” chant