WWE made a series of releases to the NXT brand today (April 29), releasing 10 names from the roster, including Dakota Kai and Dexter Lumis.
One of the names released was Harland (Parker Boudreaux), who was signed last year to much hype, with many dubbing him ‘the new Brock Lesnar’.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has provided more details on today’s releases, noting that coaches and people backstage in NXT felt Harland was not progressing enough in the ring for the company’s liking.
The ‘official’ reason given to talent for the releases was budget cuts.
You can see the wrestling world’s reactions to today’s releases here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?