NXT star Brendan Vink is the latest member of the black and gold brand to undergo a name change, as the Australian has revealed that he’ll be called Tony Modra from this point forward.
Tony Modra, who actually debuted on the main roster after WrestleMania alongside Shane Thorne (now Slapjack) has seemingly been taken off the red brand and moved back to developmental.
Welcome Tony Modra to@wwe / @wwenxt #WWE #WWENXT pic.twitter.com/aTQjDEQf6U
— Duke Hudson (@sixftfiiiiive) October 26, 2020
It was reported several months ago that Vince McMahon was massively high on Brendan Vink and wanted to give him a sustained push on the main roster. However, those plans seem to have been dropped, or at least postponed.
PWInsider reported at the time that Vince McMahon saw Brendan Vink in the same way he saw Braun Strowman when he joined The Wyatt Family after SummerSlam in 2015:
“One person described it to me that it was kinda like when Braun Strowman was part of the Wyatt Family when Vince McMahon saw him as a long-term project to build for the future. That’s kinda where they are with Brendan Vink to build him as a long-term project.”
The 31-year-old has not wrestled on WWE TV since the May 11th episode of Monday Night Raw, when he teamed with the aforementioned Shane Thorne and MVP in a losing effort to Cedric Alexander, R-Truth and Ricochet.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- Major Update On Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Status
- WWE Hall Of Famer Thanks Tony Khan Following AEW Dynamite
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match