WWE has chosen to postpone an upcoming Quebec City tour date until March 2022, as per multiple sources.
With new variants of the virus being discovered and transmission still a major issue, the Quebec government announced a shutdown in the province, which many speculated would cause WWE to cancel the December 30 house show in Laval, Quebec.
Commentator Kevin Raphael took to Twitter to reveal that WWE has confirmed to him that the show has been postponed, writing:
“The WWE has confirmed to me that the show in Laval will be postponed. All tickets from the December 30th date will be honored at a new show.”
The WWE has confirmed to me that the show in Laval will be postponed. All tickets from the December 30th date will be honored at a new show.
— Kevin Raphael (@kevinraphael21) December 22, 2021
Pat Laprade has since confirmed this report, noting that tickets for the December 30 show will be honored at the March 6, 2022 live event, tweeting:
“Just got the confirmation, the WWE Laval house show is postponed to Sunday, March 6, 2022, still at the Bell Place.”
Just got the confirmation, the WWE Laval house show is postponed to Sunday, March 6, 2022, still at the Bell Place. @iamjohnpollock @davemeltzerWON @SeanRossSapp @gregmep @MikePWInsider @thewadekeller
— Pat Laprade (@PatLaprade) December 22, 2021
Earlier this month, WWE cancelled a number of Canada house shows set for January.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release