On tonight’s (May 20) episode of SmackDown, WWE announced that Sasha Banks and Naomi had been ‘indefinitely suspended’ by the company, and that the Women’s Tag Team Championship had been vacated.
Furthermore, fans took to WWEShop.com following the show, and noticed that all merchandise for the former champions had been pulled from the site.
Both Sasha and Naomi also are not listed on the ‘all superstars’ portion of the site.
WWE announced that a tournament will take place to crown the next Women’s Tag Team Champions.
Despite being removed from WWEShop, WWE has confirmed to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful that the pair have not been released from the company.
WWE confirmed to me Naomi and Sasha Banks have not been released despite being removed from WWEShop https://t.co/6xNJrfdj9Z
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) May 21, 2022
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Major Former WWE Star Rules Out Joining AEW
- Major AEW Star Wanted Match With CM Punk
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- CM Punk Gets Glowing Review From Former Boss