NWA’s Natalia Markova has now called out WWE’s Sarah Logan/Valhalla for being a ‘disrespectful ripoff’ of Max The Impaler.
Upon Sarah Logan’s return to WWE TV earlier this month, many pointed out that the star’s new look makes her resemble independent star Max The Impaler.
The ‘Non-Binary Nightmare’ has wrestled for several notable promotions this year, including AEW on the Dark brand, GCW, TJPW and NWA.
Speaking with WrestlingNews.co, Natalia Markova claimed that she knows for a fact that Sarah knows about Max and their presentation.
Sharing her honest thoughts on the situation, Markova said:
“I mean, honestly, I think it is a ripoff because I know for a fact that Sarah knows Max. I think it’s again, that goes back to this disrespect thing.
“You can do something similar. There are different versions. You could do this gimmick. You can do this type of personality.
“But I think that she just saw that it was successful and she was like, alright, I’m in a bigger company and I can do whatever I want.
“I think people just feel like they could do whatever they want if they’re in WWE, which honestly, again, if it would be 50 years ago when there was no internet, you can get away with that. But now, everybody knows everything.
“I could go on Twitter and you can see Max. Even if you don’t know who Max is, we’re still in the same business and I think you need to respect each other, and just out of respect, you could maybe use different colors or different patterns.
“It was just totally similar. To me, it feels like a disrespectful ripoff. I think that shouldn’t be happening in wrestling.
“I love Max. I think she’s awesome. So please, please, respect her career. She’s an independent wrestler at this point. It’s hard for her to do what she does.
“She’s not signed to a huge amount of money and she makes money out of this. So please, wrestlers, be respectful to each other.”
Sarah Logan has had a name change since making her WWE return, now going by ‘Valhalla’.
This isn’t the first time that Natalia Markova has taken issue with the actions of a WWE star.
In July, Markova claimed that Carmella stole her catchphrase in a post on Twitter.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Roman Reigns Vs. Sami Zayn Date Announced
- Rey Mysterio Confronted By WWE Stars At NASCAR Race Track
- WWE Star Says ‘Hell Yeah’ To WrestleMania Showdown With Steve Austin
- SmackDown Kicks Off With Status Update On The Bloodline
- Top WWE Star Believes Logan Paul ‘Doesn’t Want To Be A Wrestler, He Wants To Be Famous’
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Another WWE Star Earns Elimination Chamber Spot
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- AEW Star Provides Update After Surgery