Earlier today it was reported that WWE was promoting a Worlds Collide special for the night before Royal Rumble 2020. Usually, this night would be reserved for an NXT TakeOver event.
This came after it was reported that WWE was considering adding a sixth TakeOver event next year, adding fuel to the speculation that WWE could be altering the schedule of TakeOver shows.
NXT TakeOver: XXV was the first-ever standalone TakeOver event, not taking place the night before a main roster WWE pay-per-view, and it appears that we will be getting more of these.
PWInsider is reporting that a WWE spokesperson has confirmed that a Worlds Collide special will be taking place the night before the 2020 Royal Rumble instead of a TakeOver.
A WWE spokesperson told PWInsider the following regarding the future of NXT TakeOver events:
“The schedule of the 2020 NXT TakeOver Events will be out in the near future.”
Make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest information on the matter.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed