Seth Rollins has opened up about his anger at a production issue on the WWE Raw after WrestleMania 39 in April 2023.
Former WWE writer Freddie Prinze Jr had touched upon the subject on his Wrestling With Freddie podcast, reflecting on what he’d seen at the show.
Footage of Rollins being informed that his promo was cut was shared on social media and can be seen below this news story.
Now, Rollins has gone into details over what happened whilst speaking SI Media with Jimmy Traina, saying:
“That was not a big deal. I was upset, but it was mostly production, a miscommunication.
“That was the night after Mania, and the intent of the segment was to go to break with the audience singing my song, allow them to sing during the break, come back up, they might still be singing, and then drift off into nothingness.
“For whatever reason, that never made it through to production, so when we go to commercial, instead of letting the crowd party, they did the thing where they black the house, shut down the music, and play the stupid video packages, which messed up what the whole plan was.
“The crowd was trying to sing, but you have Stone Cold Steve Austin talking about Broken Skull Ranch. ‘Did no one get the memo?’
“It was just a production snafu. In the middle of the commercial break, I’m yelling to try to get it turned off so they could keep singing, but it was already a disaster.
“The crowd was confused and didn’t know what to make of it. We came back and did the rest of the segment, but it didn’t translate the way you wanted because the crowd wasn’t able to participate the way the segment was meant to be planned.
“I wasn’t really upset about that, it was just a bad handling.”
The crowd singing along to Rollins’ theme has become a staple of WWE shows to the point where Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens even commented on it after an episode of WWE Raw went off air.
Seth Rollins will defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Finn Balor at SummerSlam on August 5.
— Wicked Wrestling (@WickedWrestl1ng) April 4, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours