Ahead of The Great Muta’s WWE Hall of Fame induction on March 31st, the legendary Japanese icon has revealed that his recent retirement tour plans were somewhat changed due to WWE.
Speaking in a recent interview with ESPN’s Marc Raimondi, Muta said via a translator that his actual final advertised match was set to be against WWE’s Shinsuke Nakamura at the Tokyo Dome.
While Muta and Nakamura did of course eventually face each other at Pro Wrestling NOAH’s New Year Event from Budokan Hall, on January 1, in Muta’s eventual final singles match, this was reportedly not the original plan.
Muta revealed to Raimondi that Muta’s originally planned final match with Nakamura would not happen due to WWE not approving of the contest “right away”.
This would then lead to Tetsuya Naito taking Nakamura’s place in the Tokyo Dome as a result.
Elsewhere in Muta’s interview he would reveal his surprise at being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, given he never wrestled for the company.
“I was like, what? Really? Why Me?”
As far as Muta’s inductor into the HOF, Ric Flair, Muta would reveal that he hasn’t seen ‘The Nature Boy’ in over 20 years, yet described the moment he will see him again as “pure joy”.
Muta would also reveal a rather surprising ex-WWE star that he wished to face in his final match, with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, Muta’s preferred opponent, however, he jokingly referred to The Rock as “too expensive”.
Muta would also reveal that The Rock once told him that he mimicked his signature ‘People’s Elbow’ move from Muta, to which Muta joked that Rock owed him “royalties”.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups