A WWE star has now been removed from the company’s public active roster page on WWE.com after popping up elsewhere.
Last night’s AEW Dynamite played host to an unexpected debut in the form of former NXT star Roderick Strong.
Strong came out to save his former Undisputed Era teammate Adam Cole from an attack by the Jericho Appreciation Society.
Strong’s appearance was a complete surprise as it wasn’t even known he’d left WWE.
In fact, Strong had remained on the active roster page for the NXT roster all the way up until he made his AEW debut last night.
However, now that he’s popped up in AEW, he’s now of course been shifted to the WWE alumni page.
Strong suffered an injury and hadn’t wrestled since August 2022, and the general belief was that he was still out injured or just hadn’t had creative to bring him back onto WWE TV.
He’d reportedly requested to be released by WWE in 2022, but it was said to have been denied at the time.
According to Fightful Select, some in WWE believed Strong’s contract was set to run into 2024, which if true means he was released rather than his deal expiring.
WWE had remained completely silent about his status other than recently instructing 2K to not include him in the WWE 2K23 roster.
Fightful added that AEW talent was “pleasantly surprised” following his debut and the announcement he’d signed with the company.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?