Raj Giri of WrestlingInc initially reported that Christian was under WWE contract, ruling him out of a shock appearance at AEW Revolution tomorrow night, but has since retracted that report.
The site is reporting that Christian is not under WWE contract, but had agreed to a deal with FOX to appear on WWE Backstage. However, the report does note that Christian’s FOX deal may be up:
Earlier this week I had tweeted that Christian was “confirmed” to be under contract with WWE. While I never wrote about it on this site, I did post it on Twitter.
Christian was apparently under contract with FOX and not WWE, and the deal with FOX may be up as well. I apologize for the error.
It wasn’t for the want of trying though, with WrestlingInc also reporting that WWE wanted to sign Christian to a contract and even discussed some ideas with him, but talks between the two parties “fell through”.
There were some ideas discussed between WWE and Christian, and the company was interested in signing him. However, talks apparently fell through.
As many people would have seen by now, Christian and Kurt Angle are the two favourites to be the shock AEW Revolution signing. Make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any potential updates.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Upcoming WWE & AEW Events To Air Head To Head?
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?