Former AJPW and Pro Wrestling NOAH star Yoshihiro Takayama has been hospitalised, according to his wife.
Posting to the blog site Ameba, Takayama’s wife would reveal that the he had been taken into hospital with Aspiration Pneumonia.
Takayama’s hospitalisation comes following problems the 56-year-old had been dealing with following his paralysation from the neck down, after a Cervical Spinal Cord injury sustained at a DDT show on May 4, 2017.
The injury would see Takayama also suffer from difficulties breathing on his own, forcing a hole having to be made in his throat as well as the use of a breathing assistance machine.
While the hole was meant to close on it’s own, it did not and he was recently forced to undergo surgery.
However, just days after being discharged following the surgery Takayama would be admitted back into hospital with aspiration pneumonia.
Takayama’s over 20 year pro-wrestling career saw him win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship as well as well as compete in MMA, for PRIDE Fighting Championships.
We at Wrestletalk would like to extend our well-wishes to Takayama and his family at this time.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism