What was your favourite moment from Raw?
Once again I find myself struggling to pick out a real highlight of the night. The Beat the Clock Challenge at the beginning of the night might have taken my vote if not for the fact that it brutally buried the Riott Squad. I suppose then that honors go to the tag match between The Revival and Black & Ricochet. It was fun, fast-paced and flat out entertaining.
Seeing Angle and Samoa Joe in the same ring took me back to the glory days of TNA. That period between 2006 and 2008 when these two greats put on an incredible series of battles.
Of course, that was over a decade ago. And time has not been kind on any of us. I’ve lost a troubling amount of hair, Joe is slightly rounder than he was during his TNA run, and Kurt’s joints look like they’re being held together by a blend of sawdust and prayer.
So while this match was far from being a classic, in a sense it was so much more. It was a reminder of how great Angle was in his prime. It was a flashback to one of the best feuds the soon-to-be Hall of Famer ever had. Most of all, it was a sentimental moment for Angle in the final weeks of his in-ring career. And so much better than the prospect of an encounter with Baron Corbin in two weeks.
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features