G1 Special Breaks Records!
Although it was reported that ticket sales for New Japan’s G1 Special in San Francisco were going to be around the 5,000 mark – seen as a disappointment as The Cow Palace can seat 15,000 – an AXS TV representative told WrestleZone that the night was a record-breaking success, claiming that it was the biggest New Japan show held on US soil in the biggest venue with the most tickets sold and their biggest gate.
The show was also a deemed a success by both fans and critics, with Cody challenging Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, Jay White defending his United States Championship against Juice Robinson and Jeff Cobb vs. Hirooki Goto all getting rave reviews. But something that wasn’t overly praised was the commentary.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’