15. Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal and Women’s WrestleMania Battle Royal
I have no issue with the concept of two large battle royals at WrestleMania, allowing talent who might not fit on the card for whatever reason the chance to perform on the “grandest stage of them all”. However, what I do have an issue with is how the matches are booked and portrayed.
This year’s Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal had a final three of Braun Strowman and two Saturday Night Live stars who were competing in their first and likely only match. The bout was used as a way to attract mainstream media attention to the show, and the talented guys in the ring like Luke Harper, Ali, EC3, Andrade, and even Braun Strowman deserved more.
The matches will take place at WrestleMania next year, and I don’t mind that. They should, however, have more stakes. Like why not put a future championship opportunity on the line for the winner and have fewer people compete in the match?
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings