Following the recent Wrestling Dontaku shows, NJPW announced that 2 performers have tested positive for COVID-19.
It was previously reported that 6 wrestlers were removed from the Wrestling Dontaku card due to COVID-19 protocols. NJPW have now revealed that 2 of their stars tested positive for the disease.
On the NJPW website, it was explained that the 2 stars had presented high temperature readings during routine testing. The 2 competitors, as well as people they had been in close contact with, were removed from recent shows. The wrestlers were not named in the statement.
The performers who tested positive are said to be experiencing mild symptoms, and are receiving advice from medical professionals. The wrestlers and staff who were in close contact with the individuals are being closely monitored, said to be receiving relevant testing in a controlled environment.
At Wrestling Dontaku, Will Ospreay successfully defended his IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. He defeated Shingo Takagi in just under 45 minutes, in what many fans have called an instant classic.
On the previous day’s card, Jay White defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to become NEVER Openweight Champion. This win made NJPW history, marking White as one of the most successful heavyweights in the promotion today.
WrestleTalk wishes these wrestlers a safe and healthy recovery.
- Cody Rhodes In Incredible Shape Amid Royal Rumble Rumours (Photo)
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- Spoiler On Former WWE Star Making AEW Debut
- Shocking Update On Miro Being Absent From AEW TV
- AEW Rampage Spoilers December 9, 2022
- WWE Star Not Medically Cleared & Match Canceled As Precaution Ahead Of Very Important Show
- Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal Winner Crowned On AEW Dynamite
- FTR Vs. The Briscoes III Stipulation Match Made Official
- Saraya’s Next AEW Match Revealed
- Must-See Star Making Ricky Starks & MJF Promo On AEW Dynamite