Taking to his ARN Podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Arn Anderson has opened up about the infamous moment on Raw between Titus O’Neil and Vince McMahon that saw the former suspended by the company for 60 days.
Arn Anderson revealed that Vince was embarrassed by Titus O’Neil during the moment on Raw because he never fell over, which is probably why he was so angry and opted to suspend the former Tag Team Champion:
“I tell you what I think happened. Daniel Bryan is beloved by pretty much everybody that loves him and everybody that knows him. He is just one of those guys that endears himself to you as being a legitimate guy. I don’t know anybody that doesn’t respect and speak highly of Daniel Bryan. I think the timing of him legitimately having to retire because of health issues and you saw how it affected him backstage and you saw how it affected the other talent who really cared about the guy. I think it being such a somber, real moment, that any other day it might not have been as bad.”
“When Titus grabbed Vince by the wrist as he was starting to exit, he caught him off guard. He almost fell down. I think that embarrassed him. I think it embarrassed him more than anyone else looked at it as being a comedic moment or something, but I think in Vince’s mind, it made him look bad because he almost fell. It pissed him off right away. I think it probably, in his mind, that was a big moment that one of the talents’ careers ended because Daniel was retiring.”
“I’m thinking he probably thought to himself that this was not a time to be goofing and it got out of control really quick and it flamed up really quick. I don’t think there was any ill intention. I just don’t think Titus was thinking properly when he did it. That’s the only thing I can figure out sorting through the facts.”
For those that don’t know, during Daniel Bryan’s retirement in 2016, Titus O’Neil grabbed Vince McMahon to try and jokingly gesture for the Chairman to let Stephanie McMahon exit the stage first, which Vince didn’t take too kindly to.
Things have obviously been patched over between Titus O’Neil and Vince McMahon now, as Titus has remained with WWE since his suspension was lifted and continues to work as a company ambassador.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?