Jade Cargill has opened up about her relationship with former AEW World Champion CM Punk, prior to his suspension.
Punk’s future in AEW remains uncertain, with the star not appearing for the company since the All Out 2022 media scrum.
CM Punk was one of several stars who was suspended following a backstage altercation that happened after the scrum.
Speaking with Bootleg Kevin, Jade Cargill recalled the advice she had previously received from Punk:
“‘Just stand on what you believe. Don’t be a pushover.’
“I admired that because, coming into the business and being new, a lot of people, it’s like you almost have to shape yourself a little bit.
“I know who I am. I’ve lived several lives, I’ve lived real life, just because I didn’t want to do this all my life or because I didn’t put in the time, I refuse to let anybody look at me as less than, and I refuse to let anybody treat me any different.
“Outside of these lines, I’m a human being and you’re not going to treat me like anything else. I’m not saying that anyone treated me any type of way. (You hear about people treating others different), especially on the Indies.
“I’m not familiar with the Indies at all, but I’m not going to be walked over. I’m Jade Cargill, and outside of these lines, I’m Jade Cargill. I’m not going to be treated as anything less.
“The fact that he told me to stand on what I believe and don’t’ be a pushover, that stuck with me. He’s a great guy.”
When asked about the AEW All Out incident, Cargill said:
“I wasn’t there. I had already left the stadium. Right after my match, I left. I heard about it just like the rest of the world, at the same time. It was pretty shocking.
“From my opinion, Punk is a great guy. He’s been nothing but nice to the women’s locker room. He talks to me, tells me his experiences.
“At Comic Con, we got really close because he was my tag mate in the interviews and I learned so much from him and so much knowledge in the industry.
“He’s been in two different companies and he can do whatever the hell he wants to do. He doesn’t need it, he does it because he loves it. That speaks to me. I don’t need it. I do it because I love it.”
The latest updates on CM Punk can be found right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- AEW Star Reveals Pitch For WWE WrestleMania Crossover Match
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status