A major free agent is set to choose AEW over WWE, with his signing reportedly coming “soon”.
Following his final match in New Japan Pro Wrestling on February 11, it is being reported by Fightful Select that Kazuchika Okada is set to make AEW his new home in the near future.
According to a new report on Okada’s future, the deal to bring The Rainmaker into AEW has been “effectively agreed” in the past couple of weeks, with AEW “very confident” in the offer presented.
There are reportedly no firm plans in place for Okada’s debut as an AEW talent, with it only being stated that it would come after his NJPW commitments were finished.
Despite no firm plans being in place it was revealed that creative for Okada has been discussed since January.
As for Okada’s links to WWE, the report did confirm that talks between the two parties had taken place, however, WWE talent had revealed that the seven-time IWGP Heavyweight Champion was weighing up “pros and cons” of moving to WWE in comparison to AEW.
While it seems extremely likely, the report does confirm that no AEW contract has yet been signed by Okada.
Make sure to stay locked to WrestleTalk for any further updates on the situation.
To find out more details on Okada’s final NJPW match follow this link here.
Want to stay up to date with all the most important Wrestling and WrestleTalk News? Join our newsletter mailing list by clicking here, and selecting your preferences!
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- AEW Real-Life Father & Son Team Together For First Time Since Falling Out