Jungle Boy has revealed that he used to get super nervous before his matches. So much so that he would have to grab a trash can and throw up before he went to the ring.
In the post-show media scrum at Double or Nothing, he went into detail about his nerves. Additionally, he said his new music, Tarzan Boy by Baltimora, has helped ease his nerves greatly. Here is the quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“I feel very terrible before I wrestle. Every single time. Sometimes I’ll be walking to the curtain and I’ll pull a trash can and throw right up in it and then walk out. I get super, super nervous. Then, now, as I was saying, the second that music comes on I can hear the whole thing and immediately it goes away. I feel I’m ready to go, I’m ready to do it. Which, it always went away at a certain point, but to hear that big of a reaction so immediately, and to see those people having such a good time, it’s great. I think it’s going to help me a lot.”
Jungle Boy had a big night at Double or Nothing last night, winning the Casino Battle Royale. He last eliminated Christian Cage to win the match and afterwards, Cage congratulated him and told him to go win the AEW World Championship.
Jungle Boy will now challenge Kenny Omega for the title on the June 11 episode of AEW Dynamite.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Bryan Danielson Shares Warning For Retired Star Amid In-Ring Return Rumors