Despite competing in AEW since late 2021, Tony Khan would officially make the announcement this week that Skye Blue was now All Elite.
While fans may be used to seeing the 23-year-old on AEW TV, according to a top AEW women’s star the best is still yet to come.
Speaking to Josh Martinez on Superstar Crossover, industry veteran Saraya would hail Skye Blue ‘the next big thing’ for AEW’s women’s division.
She would also discuss the division’s overall strength as a whole, highlighting other young standouts such as Willow Nightingale and Jade Cargill.
“I’m trying to see if I felt like a lot of women at AEW do get their flowers. There’s a lot of incredible wrestlers. You have Willow.
“I feel like Skye Blue is gonna be the next big thing, too. She’s growing and evolving, although we have to calm her down with wanting to take so many bumps where me and Ruby are just like, ‘chill sister.’
“So I feel like a lot of the women in AEW get a chance to be showcased and they’re all awesome. I’m happy that Taya’s there now, Taya Valkyrie. Very happy she’s there.
“I love Jade as a character. She’s incredible as a character, and she’s constantly training every week to be better, too, which I really appreciate,”
Despite having such kind words for many of the AEW originals and homegrown talent, Saraya is of course currently locked in a feud with said talent alongside the other ex-WWE ‘Outcasts’ Toni Storm and Ruby Soho.
Transcript courtesy of Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’