Sometimes you’re too injured to wrestle, and sometimes you’re too unwell, but wrestlers are a stubborn lot, and sometimes you just have to push through, especially when you’re in the main event of AEW: Dynamite.
Nick Jackson teamed with his brother Matt to face Santana & Ortiz is a street fight tag match to close out the show, but it turns out Nick was doing it while feeling far from his best.
After the match, Matt took to Twitter to reveal his brother’s illness, and thanked him for how hard he worked to battle through.
Nick laid on the floor in our locker room all day, suffering a terrible flu, then popped up & put in that gutsy performance tonight. He won’t say it, so I’ll do it for him. Proud he’s my brother & tag team partner.
— The Young Bucks® (@MattJackson13) December 12, 2019
Unsurprisingly, there was a mixed reaction from fans, with some applauding Nick for managing to wrestle despite his illness, while others were angry that he risked infecting his opponents and anyone at ringside.
Both are valid points, and with AEW’s roster they probably could have picked a decent replacement, but as Vice President Nick probably has the final say on a lot of things and he clearly felt healthy enough to compete.
Let us know what you think in the Twitter and Facebook comments.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed