First broken by YouTube channels Heel by Nature and Macho T, it is being reported that AJ Styles suffered a potential injury last night during WWE’s return to Madison Square Garden.
Teaming with Shinsuke Nakamura, the ‘Phenomenal One’ was attacked from behind by opponents Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn with the official throwing up the dreaded ‘X’ sign, signalling to the backstage staff that an injury had occurred. AJ Styles was then helped to the locker room by referees as the fretful New York crowd watched on.
Worry not though, the WrestleMania WWE Championship match isn’t in any danger. This was a complete work designed to fuel a storyline which will continue on Tuesday nights in the coming weeks. Not long after he was removed from the ring, Styles returned to attack Zayn with a steel chair, then limped backstage on his own merit.
Whilst it’s unknown at time of writing what WWE are planning, it is likely to be a ruse to protect Styles image should he lose to Nakamura on April 8 even though the majority see that outcome as unlikely.
- Sami Zyn
- WrestleMania 34
- AJ Styles
- Shinsuke Nakamura
- Madison Square Garden
- wwe championship
- KEVIN OWENS
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- Tiffany Stratton Scrapped WWE Main Roster Plans Revealed