Ahead of last week’s (November 22) WWE Raw, featuring Austin Theory revealing that he had borrowed Vince McMahon’s golden egg for a selfie, it was reported that the original pitch for the conclusion of this storyline was ‘much worse‘ than the final plan.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), the scrapped idea would’ve had lower stakes, with one pitch involving some level of integration with the 24/7 Championship. Teams associated with Red Notice and The Rock reportedly said that this wouldn’t suffice for the partnership.
Vince McMahon was brought back to TV for the storyline to make the angle feel important, according to the report.
It was previously noted that the angle is part of a paid promotional partnership between WWE and Netflix, for their recent release, Red Notice. As per Fightful, WWE made seven figures from the deal.
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Major Former WWE Star Rules Out Joining AEW
- Major AEW Star Wanted Match With CM Punk
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Anonymous Major Star Reveals Concerns About CM Punk Vs. Roman Reigns WWE Feud
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- CM Punk Gets Glowing Review From Former Boss