Former WWE Champion Dave Bautista (Batista) wrestled his final match against Triple H at WrestleMania 35 in 2019.
The following year, Batista was announced as the headline act for the 2020 class of the WWE Hall of Fame.
However, he never ended up receiving his induction, as the ceremony was cancelled in 2020 due to, well you know exactly why, and when the 2020 class was inducted alongside the 2021 class the following year, Batista was not honored.
However, with WWE heading to Hollywood, and Batista finding recent success in Hollywood, fans have pitched that this year’s event be the event where Batista is honored in the Hall of Fame class.
Speaking to Comicbook.com, Batista seemed to agree with the sentiment, noting that he is ‘trying’ for an induction into this year’s Hall of Fame class.
“I hope so, but I can’t say for sure. I can say that I’m trying. I am trying,”
Batista also recently gave his thoughts on Triple H taking over WWE creative from Vince McMahon, and why it’s ‘for the best’ for the company.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company