A star has explained how a recent match with Jade Cargill was a “last minute opportunity.”
At AEW Battle of the Belts VI, Billie Starkz challenged Jade Cargill for the TBS Championship in a losing effort.
Starkz has become one of the top names on the independent wrestling scene at the age of 18 and has made several appearances for other AEW and ROH programming before getting the shot against Cargill.
In a new interview with Wrestling With Honor, the 18 year old star discussed her experience facing Cargill. Starkz said:
“It was a last minute opportunity but one I’m so happy I had. It’s definitely a rush to be on live tv in front of that large of a crowd.”
When asked what was next for her, Billie answered:
“Graduate high-school, start college, and be a full-time wrestler.”
She gave her first interview in France at Wrestling With Honor 🔥
I had the honor of interviewing the young Pro Wrestling prodigy @BillieStarkz 🐰
🔴 Discovery of wrestling
🔴 Dream opponent
🔴 The rest of his career ? pic.twitter.com/f2YCC5hn2h
— Wrestling With Honor (@WrestlWithHonor) April 20, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite