It was announced today that Ring of Honor World Tag Team Champions Mark and Jay Briscoe will defend their gold against the team of Jay Lethal and Hiroshi Tanahashi at Supercard of Honor XII on April 7th.
The Briscoes won their record ninth ROH World Tag Team Championship by defeating the Motor City Machine Guns at the ROH 16th Anniversary show on March 9th. The win led many to ask if this accomplishment made the Briscoes the single greatest tag team in Ring of Honor history.
Jay Lethal is coming off a loss to ROH World Champion Dalton Castle at the 16th Anniversary show. Lethal has not held gold in Ring of Honor since losing the ROH World Championship to Adam Cole in August 2016. If successful, this would be Lethal’s first ROH World Tag Team Championship reign.
Hiroshi Tanahashi is currently set for the finals of the New Japan Cup, which will take place March 21st against Zack Sabre Jr. A win over Sabre will make Tanahashi the number one contender for Kazuchika Okada’s IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. Tanahashi has never held a championship in Ring of Honor to date.
The unlikely alliance between Jay Lethal and Hiroshi Tanahashi will be hard pressed to find a way to defeat the nine-time ROH World Tag Team Champions on April 7th as the pure skill of the challengers will clash with the tag team experience and chemistry of the Briscoes.
- Ring of Honor
- Supercard of Honor XII
- jay briscoe
- mark briscoe
- Hiromu Takahashi
- New Japan Cup
- supercard of honor
- jay lethal
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- ‘Make The Fight’: AEW Star Calls For Match Against Keith Lee
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname