WWE Tag Team Champion Kevin Owens has admitted that he wanted to compete in this year’s Money in the Bank ladder match.
Owens and Zayn were both in action over Money in the Bank weekend, with the duo defending their tag title against Pretty Deadly on the June 30 edition of SmackDown.
Speaking on the My Love Letter to Wrestling podcast, Owens noted that he was a ‘little annoyed’ that he wasn’t in the Money in the Bank match, because he loves ladder matches:
“I’m actually a little annoyed I’m not in it this year (men’s Money in the Bank Ladder match).
“I love ladders, I love ladder matches, I think I thrive in them so, to not get to do it kind of sucks.”
Damian Priest was ultimately victorious in the Money in the Bank ladder match, and now owns a contract that entitles him to a WWE title match at a time of his choosing.
WWE has now confirmed that Money in the Bank 2023 was the highest grossing (indoor) arena event in WWE history, and that the June 30 SmackDown was the highest grossing SmackDown event ever.
For the combined gate figures for both shows, click here.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- WWE Talent Gets New Ring Name