On this week’s episode of NXT TV, Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan challenged The Undisputed Era to a match at NXT TakeOver: Chicago II for the NXT Tag Team Championships. After initially claiming they did not deserve a title shot, the champions eventually accepted.
This will be the third consecutive TakeOver title defense for The Undisputed Era. They’ve previously defended the championships against AOP and the team of Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong (Strong joined Undisputed on that night) at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans, and in singles action against AOP at NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia. Their initial championship win was not on a TakeOver special as they defeated SAnitY on the December 20th edition of NXT TV.
As for Lorcan & Burch, this will be their first shot at the gold. They have teamed the past but to little success. Their biggest claim to fame as a team is participating in the 2018 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. The team of Pete Dunne & Roderick strong sent the duo packing in the first round, though. Lorcan & Burch have found their footing of late, however, teaming up with Pete Dunne to take down Roderick Strong and Undisputed Era.
Who do you think will leave Chicago as Tag Team champions? Let us know in the comments below, or get in touch with us on Twitter here.
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Wardlow Says MJF Is ‘Wholeheartedly A Piece Of S**t’
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- The Bloodline Headed To Raw To Confront Top WWE Star
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’