Mercedes Mone made her return to wrestling back at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, before going on to capture the IWGP Women’s Championship at Battle In The Valley.
This was Mercedes, first wrestling match since she and Naomi walked out prior to the May 16 episode of Monday Night Raw, leaving the Women’s Tag Team Championship on the desk of John Laurinaitis.
Mercedes was one of the ‘Four Horsewomen’ in WWE alongside Bayley, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair.
Charlotte spoke to Alex McCarthy of Sportsmail, where she discussed Mercedes’ WWE departure and subsequent NJPW debut.
“I think it’s cool whenever someone follows their heart, and that’s inspiring. There will never be another group like the Four Horsewomen, ever,”
Charlotte is also currently a champion, with her set to defend her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania 39.
The other two Horsewomen, Bayley and Becky Lynch, are locked in a rivalry involving WWE Hall of Famers Trish Stratus and Lita, with Becky set to team with them against Bayley, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY at WrestleMania.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Konnan Picks Winner of Dominik vs Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Match
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- WWE Hall Of Famer To Appear On WWE Programming The Night Before WrestleMania?
- Major WWE Name Denies Having Issues With CM Punk