Former WWE star Chris Masters (Chris Adonis) has criticized AEW TV for the amount of explicit language featured on the show.
Since AEW’s early days, the promotion has presented a TV-14 project, with a product geared towards adults, rather than WWE’s family friendly wrestling model.
Some of AEW’s most iconic moments have involved extreme violence or harsh language.
Chris Masters thinks there’s a little too much cursing on AEW shows nowadays.
Criticising this aspect of AEW, Master’s took to Twitter to note:
“The amount of cursing on AEW feels like a bit much IMO”
Masters is currently signed to NWA where he wrestles as ‘Chris Adonis’.
One example of when cursing was used to shock AEW fans was with MJF calling Tony Khan a ‘f**king mark’ on the June 1 edition of Dynamite, before ‘walking out’ on the company.
The top star returned at All Out, winning the Casino Battle Royal ladder match as the masked ‘Joker’ entrant.
MJF cashed in his poker chip for an AEW World Title bout at Full Gear, which he won after William Regal turned on Jon Moxley and passed MJF brass knuckles.
The amount of cursing on AEW feels like a bit much IMO
— Chris Masters (@ChrisAdonis) November 26, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- Report Claims WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Name Change For WWE Star, Returns To NXT At Vengeance Day
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- VIDEO: What Went Down With Bray Wyatt Following WWE SmackDown