CM Punk has commented on the possibility of him teaming with his wife, AJ Mendez (fka AJ Lee) for a match in AEW.
In an interview ESPN Sportsnation, it was noted that Adam Cole and Britt Baker had named Punk and Mendez as dream opponents for a tag team match.
Pointing out that Mendez is currently working on her own projects, Punk said:
“That one I can’t promise you. She’s doing her own thing. To be completely honest, I know her. And if I said ‘hey, do you want to do this wrestling match?’ and she was all gung ho to do it, I know she would want to get into stupid shape to do it. And I like her fit. I don’t want to take that away from myself.”
In October, it was announced that Mendez would be part of the team overseeing the WOW Wrestling relaunch. Mendez also worked as a screenwriter on ‘Blade of the 47 Ronin’, which recently wrapped up production.
A return to the ring hasn’t been ruled out by the former Diva’s Champion, who revealed that she has healed up has physically, mentally and emotionally, and could ‘technically still do it’.
Quote via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed