UPDATE: MVP has since reacted to this report, which you can read more about at this link.
It’s being reported that there was recently a confrontation at a hotel between AEW star Chris Jericho and WWE star MVP.
As reported by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Jericho and MVP had some kind of falling out 18 months ago.
Then, following the May 18 episode of AEW Dynamite in Houston, Texas, there was a “confrontation” between them at about 1am at the hotel the wrestlers were staying in.
It was reported that Jericho was talking to Matt Hardy and MVP showed up. Meltzer noted that “nothing bad happened”, but it was a “tense situation”.
Most people thought MVP was kidding around since they didn’t know what was happening, “until it became clear he wasn’t kidding”.
Jericho then told MVP that he “doesn’t fight jobbers” before getting in an elevator, and MVP was said to be “screaming about it in the lobby”.
It’s believed their falling out may have stemmed from tweets in late 2020 during the US Presidential election.
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere