There has been some confusion and mystery surrounding WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon’s leave of absence.
Following McMahon announcing her leave last week, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer clarified that the decision to step away was her choice entirely.
Per Wade Keller of PWTorch, it has been indicated that McMahon’s leave is a private and personal matter.
Not expecting the real reason to be confirmed anytime soon, Keller said:
“I have been told not to expect the reasons that Stephanie is stepping away, to come out. But the implication is, there are reasons. So this isn’t going to be a public scandal. But it’s something.
“That’s about as much as I think I can say right now, based on the indications I’ve gotten from talking to people who know or know Stephanie and Hunter or know people who know them. And yeah, (they) are giving me indications of things.
“Whatever is going on, sounds like it’s just very private. I have not been given any indications of what that is. And so it’s a private and personal matter, it could have to do with Vince McMahon or Shane McMahon, or Triple H.
“It also could have to do with something completely different within the family or something completely different going on. I just can say that I’m pretty sure it will not get out, at least not imminently. And it’s probably not going to be something that’s like making headlines or anything like that.”
(Transcription via WrestlingNews.co)
In a PWInsider Q&A session, Dave Scherer noted that he doesn’t believe the booking of the women’s division played any role in McMahon stepping away. When asked about the true reason, Scherer wrote:
“I have heard a lot of stories and frankly, until we can confirm them, I am not going to speculate. I don’t think it’s responsible or fair to be quite frank. All I will say is I do believe there is a lot more to it than we know right now.”
McMahon’s husband, Triple H, recently returned to WWE full-time, following his cardiac event in September 2021. His role within the company is reportedly ‘categorically different‘ to the role he had before.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material