More details have emerged on the backstage reaction to Stephanie McMahon announcing her leave of absence.
PWInsider previously indicated that McMahon’s announcement came as a shock to most in the company.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there were definitely some people who knew that the announcement was coming, but majority of individuals in the locker-room, office and creative only found out after McMahon’s tweet.
Stating that the decision to take the leave was 100% McMahon’s choice, Dave Meltzer noted:
“This came out of nowhere to most. Most talent and those in the office and creative didn’t know about it until they heard she tweeted it. There were definitely a few people who knew and knew the background, but they weren’t saying much past there is more to it but the basic reasons given were not inaccurate. The part about leaving to focus on her family is definitely part of it.
“It was obviously a tough year with Paul Levesque being out for so long and she had to pick up a lot of his responsibilities and obviously had to deal from a family standpoint with his health issues. Levesque is back in the office full-time now.
“There is no time frame for her to return but we were told she is returning. All kinds of speculation has transpired, but the only thing we were told directly is that this was 100 percent her choice, and this has been coming for some time, not something that just happened out of nowhere even though it would appear because virtually nobody knew anything except a few who had kept it totally quiet until just before she released the info but she was not forced or pressured and it was her choice.”
There is currently no timeframe on McMahon’s return. We will provide more updates as they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return