Recently returned WWE star and Women’s Tag Team Champion Dakota Kai has given details regarding her absence from WWE during her release.
Kai, who primarily appeared on NXT between 2017 and her release, was let go from the company in April 2022.
She returned to the company at this year’s SummerSlam, forming the stable Damage CTRL along with fellow NXT call-up IYO SKY (formerly Io Shirai) and Bayley, who had spent over a year out of the company with an injury.
Speaking on the Getting Over podcast, Dakota Kai discussed whether or not she had entered into talks with other promotions before returning to WWE:
“The talks never got super far, but we definitely touched base. I didn’t hear anything for a few weeks until Triple H contacted me. There were a few independent promotions here and there, but it was ‘lax talks,’ I would say. They never progressed to anything further.
“At that point in time, I had waited a few weeks. I think it was meant to be when Triple H called me because at that time, I felt good, I felt ready to get back in the ring and sure enough, this guy calls and wants me back. Yeah, there were talks.”
To keep up with all the latest wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Sami Zayn Vs. Roman Reigns Plans Revealed After Royal Rumble
- Video: What Happened With Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens After WWE Royal Rumble?
- WWE Bringing Back Classic Title Belt Design?
- Update On Kenny Omega’s Health
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Where Was The Rock During WWE Royal Rumble?
- Former Women’s Champion ‘So Down’ For Intercontinental Title Shot
- Photo: WWE Star Shows Off Gruesome Royal Rumble Injury
- AEW Star Reacts To WWE Royal Rumble Backstage Photo
- Sami Zayn Discusses Triple H Contributions To Bloodline Storyline