Darby Allin has stated that his match with MJF at Full Gear is his favorite bout he’s had in AEW.
Speaking on My Mom’s Basement, Allin noted that he felt ‘the pillars’ had to prove they could steal the show with their November 13 pay-per-view opener.
Reluctant to give MJF the satisfaction, Allin said:
“In a weird way, I know it sounds crazy, but it has to rank number one. In a weird way, only because I don’t like to give Max that credit. The whole thing with that is going into the match, I had a lot to prove mentally because there’s all these new faces coming to AEW. We had to prove to them, the audience, that the pillars, so to speak, are going to steal the show. We did just that. So it’s good not to get lost in the shuffle in these times.”
Many fans have praised Allin and MJF for the match online since the show, and the bout was awarded 4.5 stars in the Wrestling Observer. The highest Wrestling Observer star rating of the night was 5.5 stars, which was awarded to the AEW World Championship match between Kenny Omega and Hangman Page.
Following the bout, it was reported that Omega needs ‘multiple surgeries’ An AEW star has been announced for the TripleMania Regia match to crown a new AAA Mega Champion.
Quote via Fightful.
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- Confirmed Schedule Errors For AEW Dynamite Head-To-Head With WWE NXT
- ‘Edge’ Name Mentioned During Adam Copeland First Ever AEW Dynamite Appearance
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut
- Last-Minute Change To AEW Dynamite Match